May the "fourth" be with you! Fun times in Fourth grade!

May the "fourth" be with you! Fun times in Fourth grade!
Mrs. Constantine's Class Rocks!!

Friday, August 25, 2017

Outside Reading

As I mentioned, I kind of want to stick with the other class on this since this has been the program here for a while. We will stick to the list (teacher approved books) in our blue reading folders for the 1st 9 weeks like we talked about. Where I misunderstood is, they will not be doing just choice books for the rest of the year. Instead, for the rest of the year, after every 5 books from the list, THEN they can pick a choice book approved by me and you.

That being said, once your child gets to the gold award (30 books), THEN, he/she can read ALL choice books approved by me and you. Of course it can still be books from the list if that's what your child wants to read. :) 

The good news is I will be adding teacher approved books to our list. One way you can see what I added now, is to log in to Scholastic with the directions that I emailed yesterday. There will be a place where you can see "teacher recommended books. These are books that I will add to the teacher approved list.

Hope that made sense! Let me know if not. Have a great weekend!

No comments: